Tuesday, Septmebr 12th 5:00 - 7:00 - Meet in the Laurelville Gymnasium
Brief Introduction to What STEM is and how it will be incorporated this year, The Design Cycle &
Our Core Habits: Curiosity, Complex Thinking, Compassion, Collaboration & Communication
5:15 - 6:40
Students and families will have the opporutnity to HAVE FUN and engage in STEM activities by working together on different Design Challenges. There will be take ways and EVERY family will have the opportunity to design a piece that will fit together for our school display!
We will offically dedicate the "Swack" Memorial STEM Lab - In Loving Memory of Cheryl Shaw. Members of Cheryl's family will be in attendance for the dedication.
Flyers will be sent home with students. Please send in the bottom portion of the paper to RSVP so tat we can plan accordingly for supplies.
Kindergarten Camp - August 14-16. 9:00 - 10:30am.
Back to School Night - Tuesday, August 15th. Preschool and Kindergarten 5:00 - 6:00pm. Grades 1-4 6:00 - 7:00pm
1st Day of School - Monday, August 21st.
- - BUS CHANGES OR PICK UP CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING BY NOON – NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. This is for the safety of your child/children.
- - Please make sure a parent/guardian/caregiver is at the bus stop or visible from the home. We should not have to make phone calls to see if you are home.
- - Make sure you at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to pick up time.
- - Busses are not required to go past and turn around and stop on the way back through.
- - Please have working and updated phones numbers on file at the school.
- - Make sure we have the most up to date court order for any custody issues pertaining to your child/children. Sometimes custody orders change and we still have the old order and MUST follow the one on file. If you are not sure of the date that we have on file, please contact the school.
- - If your student has a fever or has vomited within a 24-hour period, please keep them home.
- - If your child is absent, please contact the school to let us know they will be absent (notify school of absence – OHIO LAW)
- - There is not supervision for students before 9:10am. If your child is late, you must sign them in.
- - If you are picking up your child after school and will be late (after 3:20pm), please send a note to let us know (we may have meetings, etc. right after school to attend and no one will be here). Supervision is not available after 3:20pm.
- - All grade levels – please have an extra set of clothes in your child’s book bag in case of an accident.
- - Open enrollment students – open enrollment is a privilege and not a right. Your open enrollment can be denied for excessive absences, tardies, late pick-ups and/or discipline concerns.
- We are ELIMINATING the traditional supply lists that typically go home.
- There are only two things that students will be asked to supply for school
Each student will need to supply the following:
- - Book bag (no wheels)
- - 1 small supply box (prefer 5x8 plastic box with child’s name)
- There will be homework assignments where students will need pencils, crayons, scissors, glue, etc.. at home.